- Handmade crafting is still in, but people are looking for items that are simple and elegant.
- If crafting for the home, try pink and very bright colors.
- Simple and conservative is the way to go. Embellish with small simple motifs, ribbon, embroidery and monograms.
- The distressed look is out.
- Beading is in.
- Paper crafting is taking on a simple, elegant look. Less is more.
- Scrapbooking products are a hot ticket item. Handmade greeting cards are elegant, upscale with attention to detail.
- Metal crafting is in.
- New offerings in elegant yarns is giving needle crafting a boost in popularity.
- Mixed Media Collage is in. A mixture of crafting and fine art. (I am excited about this one,)
- Themes: self indulgence, self esteem, spirituality, communication, positive energy, beauty and everything women hold dear,
- One of a kinds are appealing to this population,
- Art Quilting is in. (I have been afraid to try this but I'm really fascinated.)
- Faux painting on any and everything is in.
- Urban culture is influencing crafting more and more.
- Stripes and polka dots are in.
- The safari look is out.
- The new modern look includes a mixture of nature and texture.
Wow, I can't believe it has been a year since my last post. I've been doing a little here and there. And now that I can add photos, I will go back and post a few of my projects. Until next time ... Happy Crafting!
|Leave a Comment:|